Thursday 17 March 2016

"Guinness is good for you"

I took this picture in Devon, in the old train station at Buckfastleigh. An old Guinness advert, which is of course my beer of predilection on St Paddy's Day. But this year, a nasty cold forced me to take antibiotics. Which means I will not drink alcohol. Dry on Saint Patrick's Day.I don't drink Guinness much anymore, in fact I almost exclusively drink it today. But I do want to enjoy a pint or two, it is one of the few things I do to celebrate Ireland. But tonight, there will be no Guinness, no Jameson, no trip to the local Irish pub. At least I have the Irish music, but even that is more enjoyable with a pint of Guinness. Maybe I should forget about the medication and just drink one. After all, it gives me strength. It's good for me.

1 comment:

Ms Misantropia said...

Hope you feel better soon!