Sunday 13 March 2016

The best toasted egg sandwich ever?

I often blogged about the Perky Peacock, one of my favourite restaurants or cafés (I guess it is technically more a café) in York. There are many reasons for it: it is full of charm and atmosphere, friendly staff, but there is also the food. The first time I went there, I had the open sandwich that you see on the picture. On toasted bread, two poached eggs and avocado (the avocado was an extra). I had it for breakfast/brunch. And it was delicious. I regret not eating there a second time, but we had so many places to visit. This was by far one of the best way I ate the simple combination of toasts and eggs in my life. The menu at the Perky Peacock changes regularly, so I do not know if this is available now. But I do hope it will be available when I go back to York.

No comments: