Sunday 6 March 2016

"Guess who?"

As my French speaking (or French reading) readers know already, the birds mangers in my parents' back garden have been visited by a woodpecker. My father sent me a few pictures, the latest being this one, which was taken during the woodpecker's last visit. Apart from the fact that this shows that it is still a snowy winter where they are, a woodpecker always reminds me of... Guess who? yes, the Woody from my childhood and my favourite toon character. And I know I blogged about this last year. All the same, it feels surreal to see a woodpecker in a familiar environment, in the family garden. The only woodpecker I knew when I was a child was Woody.

1 comment:

Ms Misantropia said...

Hah! I just read that the woodpecker's tongue actually starts somewhere on the top of its head and wraps around the whole brain, to protect it while tapping for food.