Tuesday 30 October 2018

Pumpkin soup for Halloween

Once upon a time, I used to have pizza every Halloween night: it was eaten quickly, then I could go off and wander into the night for trick or treat. That was before I grew up, became a responsible adult (sort of adult anyway) and moved to England, where I discovered New Covent Garden Soup. I blogged about the brand in the past, as early as 2008, my first year as a blogger, in 2014 and 2015 as well, among other times, always around Halloween. Because the company makes a soup of the month and every October this soup is a variation of pumpkin soup and of course it is inspired by Halloween, for my greatest pleasure. It has become one of the staples of my Halloweens in this country: every year I have their pumpkin soup at least once. Even my wife, who never liked soup much, actually enjoys them.

This year's soup of the month of October is a simple creamy pumpkin. Apart from pumpkin, it has carrot, cream, honey and a bit of coriander. It tastes quite nice. I love a good hearty soup on a cold October night like the ones we have now.So this will be our dinner for Halloween.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Pumpkin Soup is a great Halloween meal. We will be enjoying some as well this evening.