Friday 29 May 2020

The treasure in the woods

I took this picture at the Crich Tramway Village in Derbyshire, one of my favourite attractions there. It was taken in thelittle pathway in the woodlands by the village itself. There were lots of crafts like this one, representing monsters, or Merlin, or other things from folklore and legends. There was also this treasure. It struck me then that any story and make belief game set in a far, far away past needs a treasure of some sort to have the heroes motivated. And a forest, however small, is the perfect place for adventures and dangers. I can't wait to go back there with Wolfie, when he will be able to enjoy the walk again and use the treasure and other things there as props for his games.

2 comments:

Ygraine said...

How I'd love to visit there...anything connected to Merlin and I'm hooked!!
Thank you so much for this fabulous post!!👍👍

Have a super weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So what exactly is that treasure supposed to be? It looks like cuts of meat to me.