Tuesday 26 May 2020

Dracula Day

The things you learn on social media: today is actually Dracula Day. Because today is the anniversary of the publication of Dracula by Bram Stoker, which was published on the 26th of May 1897. One of my favourite novels and probably my favourite horror novel. I developed an obsession about the novel and the character at an early age. You can read about my discovery of the novel in this post from 2018. I read the novel numerous times, I generally flicker through it during my literary countdown to Halloween and because I love it so much, I think it is important today to celebrate its publication. Long live Dracula. It might be absurd since he is literally undead, but I cannot find anything more fitting. May the Count strike to many more generations of readers.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Dracula Day? This calls foe a Bloody Mary!