Friday 1 May 2020

Furloughed for May

I learned yesterday from HR that, due to the current pandemic, I and half the staff of our small company were being furloughed for the month of May and may be for longer. I cannot complain too much: I will keep most of my salary and was barely doing anything at work in any case. Now I will not have to phone it in. And I am quite happy to avoid any communication with the office for a month, as I have grown to hate my job before the pandemic even started. Being out of it completely for a month, but with some sort of financial security should be therapeutic. Especially since we don't spend much in lockdown. Anyway, whatever the future holds, furlough is the word of the day for this first of May.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Unexpected holiday, yay! Enjoy your time off with most of your salary!