Sunday 10 May 2020

Heineken 007

A few months ago, before the lockdown, I bought a beer. A Heineken. I never drink Heineken usually, unless somebody offers me one at a party and I cannot refuse, or if there's absolutely nothing else in the cooler. It is an insipid, tasteless lager, the most lagerish lager one can ever find. Yet I bought it and drank it. I will let you guess why and it must be very easy for you to find out. (And no, it is not because there was about a litre of beer in that bottle). Yup, it is because it sponsors No Time to Die, the last James Bond. I literally bought this Heineken for the bottle, far more stylish than it usually is with Bond's silouhette on it, and the sponsorship. Since the film have been postponed, I might as well. And yes I know: I am shameless.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, they've got your number, don't they, LOL? Didn't Heineken's sponsorship start with "Skyfall"? I remember reading they paid an absolute fortune for the placement rights and to have Bond order a Heineken in a bar instead of his usual martini, shaken but not stirred.