Wednesday 6 May 2020

Krav Maga: the deadliest

My former Krav Maga instructor (and I only say former because I had to stop training when I lost my job three years ago, I want to to get back to it) recently shared this article on social media. They make a list of the ten deadliest martial arts and, as you would expect if you have ever practised it, Krav Maga came first. The number one, deadliest, most dangerous, badass martial art. Except that it is not a martial art (it has no ceremony, no code, no ranking per se), it is a self-defence system. Nevertheless, it beats all these other martial arts at what they claim they do. I can't help but feel a bit of pride, even though I still know very little about it and I am not very good at it. All the same, I am not quite clueless, I know enough to tell it is not a martial art and I hope I can train again one day.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

From mild-mannered medievalist to blood-thirsty death machine, that's you, Guillaume! I hope you get to resume your Krav Maga training some day! I'll stick to tai chi.