Friday 8 May 2020

Scones for VE Day

Today is VE Day, marking the end of World War II in Europe. Apparently, it is celebrated a lot here and from what I learned, one of the traditions is to have cream tea and eat scones. This is how we will celebrate anyway. We considered making the scones, but in the end we decided to be lazy: one of the local cafés that now delivers grocery shop has a special offer on cream tea: we have tea (four bags from Tea Pigs, a brand I quite like) and scones for two, including clotted cream and jam. So we ordered the cream tea and if everything goes well we should receive it this afternoon, just in time. Of course, it's tea for two and we are three, but I will have all the tea for myself, as my wife does not like tea and my son does not drink it yet. The scones, however, will have to be shared and they should go quickly.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

How can your wife be British and not like tea? I thought that was impossible.