Monday 18 May 2020

The Bullet Train

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum in York, which as you can probably guess is currently closed due to the pandemic.Yesterday, I was reading the guidebook I bought there and I wanted to check the many, many pictures I took at the museum and see what information I could gather from them, just to refresh my memory and rediscover the NRM virtually. I found one page about the Shinkansen, colloquially called "bullet train" in English. It is Japanse and one of the fastest trains in the world (the French TGV is actually and surprisingly faster). I often think of trains as a British mean of transport, after all this is where it was born. I almost forget how other countries have developed this mean of transport and advanced its technology. So to sum it up, the Shinkansen is very impressive.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I was on a bullet train in Japan. Comfy and fast.