Saturday 9 May 2020

I want a fedora

It has been fairly hot these last few days and it made me think of last summer when I wore a hat borrowed from my father-in-law. I was thinking that a hat could reallt be useful in the coming weeks and months, even though I am not really sure I have a head for hats. What I wore then was a Panama hat, but I thought it would be really nice to buy a fedora. I prefer it looks and shape, and also because its association with hardboiled crime fiction and film noir. But I have no idea of my head size and measuring it is always iffy if I cannot try the hat itself. So I am not comfortable buying it online (and I am being careful with how much I spend online as well these days). I will probably have to visit a shop to buy one, when the pandemic is over. In any case, I now know that I really want a fedora.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A fedora is a damn fine hat.