Thursday 21 May 2020

Have we missed a storm?

We have been having quite hot days recently, by any practical means it looks like summer has started. The good thing about it is that we have plenty of free time to enjoy the hot days. The bad thing about it is that I don't like hot days and I don't enjoy them all that much, especially when we have many hot days. But I was hoping for the thing to cool down as they were forecasting an electric storm today. This generally makes the temperature drops a few degrees after that. And I also happen to love storms, one of the aspects of summertime I prefer. But for whatever reason, they are not forecasting storms anymore for today. Which disappoints me quite a lot, as I was looking forward to it. I hope it shows up today or soonish, but I'm afraid we have missed the storm.

2 comments:

Sue Bursztynski said...

Pity you weren’t in Melbourne the other night, then! I woke up to hear thunder rumbling and rain pouring outside. Just in case I hadn’t noticed, there was a flash of lightning! Not a summer storm, though, we are well into autumn here.

Ygraine said...

I love storms too! It clouded up quite a bit earlier, and I was getting really excited...and then...nothing. Such a disappointment!😜
I have to admit, I do like the hot weather,so the only downside of thunder for me, is that after it we lose some of the heat!!

Have a great day...and stay safe! 😊😊