Tuesday 16 June 2020

Spooky reads in preparation

I was discussing with my brother PJ recently and the subject came on to what we wanted to read, what books we had bought last and what we wanted to get our hands on. And he said, astonished: "We already have Halloween in mind and we're not at the summer solstice yet." Which I must admit is kind true. But I am always preparing Halloween, pretty much when the year starts. And I long for autumn too, of course. And if I ever think of something else, Amazon sends me a gentle reminder: today it suggested that I purchase Dead Leaves: 9 Tales from the Witching Season from Kealan Patrick Burke (don't know if I ever read him, but I'd need to check my anthologies). I'm very tempted to do it, although being redundant I want to be extremely careful about spending money. And I already have a scary stories reading program planned for autumn, program which will start as early as August. That said, I could squeeze in these nine tales easily.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Temptation knocks! That book has a great cover too.