Wednesday 24 June 2020

The expat's celebration

As you probably know, today is Saint John the Baptist's Day, also Quebec's National Day. I am lucky enough this year to celebrate it with a young boy who now is starting to be conscious about special days and feasts. Yesterday, I told him that the 24th is the National Day of Québec and all Quebeckers, like him and me. He asked me: "Whose birthday is it?" I think there is still a lot of work to be done with my boy to make him feel something else than British. You may remember that last year, I was happy to discover that the Quebec government Office in London has a twitter account. I was then hoping to be able to plan a celebration among other Quebec expats, I was even thinking about taking some time off work to go there (wherever "there" would be) with my wife and Wolfie. Obviously, it did not happen, for obvious reasons. Maybe next year.

No comments: