Wednesday 3 June 2020

Redundancy again

As you know I have been in furlough for the last month and was meant to be until further notice. Unfortunately, I learned today from a phone call from HR that my job is currently at risk of redundancy, due to the pandemic and the way it affected our business. I am disappointed, but I expected it. To be honest, I think the writing is on the wall and "at risk" is just a figure of speech. I am supposed to have a meeting on Monday with my employer on Monday to see if I can turn things around, but this is really a formality. To be honest, I have been unhappy at work for a while now and part of me is relieved about it. What I must do now is find a new job asap, in very difficult circumstances and in the meantime negotiate my departure.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that's crappy news, Guillaume, sorry to hear it. And yet, as you say, you haven't been happy at that job. So I truly hope this turns into "a blessing in disguise" for you and you find something much, much more to your liking soon. Best wishes!