Wednesday 3 June 2020

Ordering books from the local bookshop?

Well, it seems that I think about books more than I actually read them (I still read a fair amount since the beginning of the pandemic), but I am considering buying some more, even though I still have plenty of unread stuff on the bookshelves. And even though it is against my reading strategy. I will not do this out of pure selfish reasons. Our local bookshop has been closed down until further notice, however they are still taking orders online. On their website, they said that ordering books like this would help them tremendously in these difficult times. And I do have a title or two I would like to buy. Buying online does not come naturally to me, because part of the pleasure of bookshopping is checking on the shelves and finding a title I had no idea existed, or I had forgotten about. But if I want to be able to do this again and do it locally, I think it would be better if I make an effort and make an order. Because I'd hate for our bookshop to shut down permanently.

No comments: