Wednesday 17 June 2020

Last day "at work"

Well, today's the day, so to speak. I am not going to the office, but at 9:00AM my colleague, the only one I got along fairly well, will come by and collect the things I have here that are company properties: the laptop, the headset, the keys and that's about it. Although I will be officially employed by them until the end of July and I did haven't worked since May, this will be my last working day, so to speak. It will be a relief, because I never liked the job much, but all the same, I can't help feeling a tad resentful, mostly because I think they were bad employers. So it will be a bittersweet end. But at least I can now put that behind me and focus on the future. The last sentence sounds cliché, but I will not miss this job all that much.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, it's a new and hopefully much better beginning for you!