Monday 29 June 2020

The apples are green

I took this picture during our last family walk. We were in a posh part of our little English town and the branches from an apple tree were overflowing from an orchard. It was heavy with fruits. As you can see, they are of course still green. I love apples, not so much for their taste as for what they represent: it is maybe the most typical fruit of autumn. When I look at their colour, it reminds me of the coming autumn and tell me how close or how far we are from my favourite season. We still have a long time to go, summer has only started, but still, it's nice to see apples. In a couple of weeks, the fruits will be red and I will look at them in excitement and anticipation.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmmm, autumn to me means apple crisps!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i can't wait for fall!