Saturday 27 June 2020

Visiting the local bookshop again

Here it is, at long last, I finally, finally, finally pay the local bookshop a visit, after at least six months! And to make it even better, I did it during the Independent Bookshop Week, which is ending today. It was good to be back, after a few minutes of getting used to the safety protocol, I was back in my element. I bought a few books, which was exhilarating, and even got a new £5 voucher! After a few months of lockdown and pandemic, it felt like some kind of normality was now in effect.

3 comments:

Ygraine said...

I love browsing in bookshops. I often go in, in search of a specific book, only to leave with several armfuls!😉
You've made me want to go out and find one today...

Have a great weekend!😊😊

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you spent your "found money" there!

Sue Bursztynski said...

There is a joy in browsing a bricks and mortar bookshop you just won’t get online. And I say this as someone who has mostly been buying ebooks since my book shelves overflowed.