Saturday 20 June 2020

Solstice, summer and heatwave

Today is the summer solstice, so that means: 1)it is officially the first day of astronomical summer (although for me the season starts with the month), 2)it will be a very long day, 3)at least the days will go shorter after today, albeit we won't see the change until much later. You can probably guess that I am not the biggest fan of summertime (read this post for more details). But at least, it is not too hot... for now: they are forecasting a heatwave in the coming week. So I must brace myself.

4 comments:

Ygraine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ygraine said...

You and I are opposites...I adore the heat!!😉
Today is one of the most important days of the Druidic year...Alban Heruin.
The celebrations are in full swing here...🌄☀🍾

Have a great weekend 👍👍

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Summer solstice blessings to you and stay cool!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love this solstice because for me, it means autumn will be here soon. we've been hot and sticky and i have had more than enough! on my most recent trip to the county, i saw pumpkins growing!