Friday 19 June 2020

"The Daytripper"

Picture taken at the National Railway Museum in York. I wanted to share it here for two reasons. 1)It struck me during our visit at the museum that not all trains of old are sleek, elehant and glamourous. They can be just common and kind of ugly, even tacky. This wagon is, although of course it does not date back from the blessed era of steam trains. And maybe it's only because of the terrible promotional image, with that rather silly looking Englishwoman and her ridiculous hat. I also share it because 2)it shows that not all train journeys are long ones for long stays somewhere. Sometimes you can go on a day trip, just for kicks. Or you could, before the plague. I prefer longer journeys, but quick trips for a day out are pleasant enough and I do miss them too.

No comments: