Wednesday 10 June 2020

"My" old train

Firstly, as it is sort of in topic, you might want to know what happened about the e-meeting I had on Monday: it is confirmed I will be made redundant, although it will not be official immediately. I am disappointed, but also relieved. It was shorter than expected, which is good and my boss was online, but her camero was off, unlike my other colleagues and myself. WhenI told my wife, she said it was kind of rude. Maybe my boss had her reasons, but it kind of sums up my time there really: not being part of the team, with bosses that are ever unavailable and cannot be bothered with you.

But I digress. I have now more free time and when I am not job hunting, I spend precious time with my family and we go walking. We have found a few publis paths nearby with a bit of research on the internet and through friends.On the same day that I was made redundant, we found one near my old commute, where we actually saw the train I used to take pass by. It reminded me that, while my old job was not perfect, it was far better than the one I just left and that there will be opportunities out there eventually. It also reminded me how much I actually enjoyed my old train commute compared to the bus journeys I had to take every day. Las time we used it was in September for our short holiday, and setting foot on it felt like putting my feet in comfy old shoes. I never get tired of train travels, even for a journey I do every day. So I was excited to see "my" old train again and I keep thinking I might commute on it again for my future job. I hope so anyway.

2 comments:

Ygraine said...

I am so sorry to hear that your fears have been confirmed!🙁 Being made redundant is never easy, but in the current situation it must hit harder than ever! I really do feel for you and I hope you will find employment again soon, preferably with your old employer.
Love the photo of the train!😊😊

Have a good day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope your next job will be perfect for you in every way!