Saturday 13 June 2020

(Re)disccovering The Wind in the Willows

Back when I was a child, I was quite fond of the stop motion animated series based on The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. It was one of these programs contributed to feed
my love for England and for British culture. I was watching it around this time of year, during the summer holidays, as there was a channel specialized in children programs that was showing new cartoons, and old classics or, in this case, adaptations of old children classics. It gave me an impression of England, shamelessly nostalgic, that reality could never quite shake off. So this year, I bought the original novel and I have starte reading it this month. It is like rediscovering friend from years ago you haven't seen in decades.

2 comments:

Sue Bursztynski said...

Very much the flavour of England! Here in Melbourne it’s done as a children’s play in the Botanical Gardens every summer, with the lake as the river, boats and all!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My sister and I used to watch that show too.