Monday 24 June 2019

A Gathering of Expats

As you may know, today is Saint John the Baptist's Day, also Quebec's National Day. I have been celebrating it as an expatriate since 2007, pretty much all by myself. Of course, now there is Wolfie, in this household, so I am not really the only Quebecker here, but he is still too young to understand or appreciate. Today, I found at total random that the Quebec government Office in London has a Twitter account and through this account I saw that they had organized a little celebration last Saturday, for expats and non Quebeckers. I should have thought about it before. I mean using social medias to know where and when my fellow expats live and when they gather for the 24th of June. Next year, I will see if our little family can go to some of these parties to celebrate our people. Wolfie will then be old enough to understand a bit more and more importantly to keep some memories of it. Sure, it will not be like the big concerts we have at home, but it could be fun.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's great! Too bad you didn't learn about it early enough this year.