Monday 10 June 2019

"Yellow warning of rain"

Yes, I know I blogged something very similar last Friday. Anyway, as you are reading this, it might be pouring down on me. I checked the BBC Weather tonight (I am typing this the night before) and from 4:00AM to 23:59, there is a yellow warning issue, which reads as follow:

"There is a chance that heavy prolonged rainfall could lead to local flooding and disruption to transport.
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads"

That might make for an interesting commute, if nothing else. I will be careful, do not worry. But this new warning, three days after the other, just made me think that nowadays, weather forecast bring a bit of drama and excitement into our rather mundane lives.

No comments: