Sunday 9 June 2019

My favourite bookmark, lost and found

There are a lot of things I love and loved about the National Railway Museum of York. It will come as no surprise to my regular readers, as I have a passion for trains and I often blogged about the museum on Vraie Fiction. In fact, any excuse is good to blog about it again, directly or indirectly, and to share another picture I took when we went there. I bought a few things in their souvenirs shop, including this bookmark. It quickly became my favourite bookmark, the one I use for most of the novels I read, especially for the books I read when I traveled by train of course. Maybe it was because I don't use the train as often, but I lost my bookmark for a few months, which actually made me kind of sad. I know how silly this sounds, I mean there is nothing that special about it and it must have cost me something like £2.50 if that. I know it is a trivial object and I can make one for free using a simple piece of paper, but I find this one to be soberly elegant, slick and well, nice. And I bought it in my favourite museum, so I associate it with that time. I found it again recently in one of the novels on my to-read list. I had probably put it there as it was meant to be my next book to read, then had decided to go for some other book, but had not switched bookmarks. Well, anyway, I got it back and I am now very happy.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's the little things that make life worthwhile.