Saturday 8 June 2019

Hey Mickey!

I have been reading a lot about proms (or summer balls as the Brits call it) recently. I might blog about it more in the coming weeks, but right now let's just say that I got in my head all the silly songs that one would expect at such event, things about dating, coming of age and being still carefree. And listening to abysmally ridiculous but very catchy music. Like Mickey by Toni Basil, which I never even liked when I was a teenager, or when I was child and it became a hit. I watched the original video for the first time a few weeks ago and, while I find the whole thing really dumb (I mean Baisl was nearly 40 when she did it), I can't help but enjoying it a lot. I am not sure why.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ugh, this song has always annoyed me too.