Friday 7 June 2019

"Yellow warning of thunderstorms"

I was checking BBC Weather yesterday and this is what I saw. I was both excited (I love thunderstorms) and somewhat wary, as bad weather is more fun when you can stay inside, not when you have to go to work. Any type or warning can bring nasty surprises, especially in this country. Or back to work, as the warning was from 14:00 to 23:00. This is what they announced:

"Heavy thundery showers may cause some travel disruption.
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses likely, leading to some damage to buildings or structures
- Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer
- Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer
- Some interruption to power supplies and other services likely"

Sounds very dramatic, but so far, so good, touch wood. It rained this morning and I got wet, but not too much. And there was no thunderstorm. I hope we get one soon. And that I am cosy and dry at home when it eventually happens.

No comments: