Monday 20 April 2020

Birthday berry cupcakes

You may remember that we went to Derbyshire last year, where we stayed with the family of my wife's childhood best friend, whi has a son the age of Wolfie. The two boys have become best friends, in spite living very far away. It was shortly after Wolfie's birthday, so when we arrived they had prepared a second birthday party for him. There was a buffet meal and a few desserts, including a bunch of cupcakes with berries in them. Topped with candles, as a "real" birthday cake would. The cupcakes were as delicious as they were original and I thought this was a really sweet gesture. It will be my birthday tomorrow and, while I will have a "proper" birthday cake (at least I hope so, if we can bake it), I wished we also had these for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The big day approacheth!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

happy birthday!!! mine is on thursday!