Tuesday 14 April 2020

No post-Easter blues

Well, the Easter holidays are over, but I have no post-Easter blues. I rarely have post-Easter blues, unlike other holidays like Christmas and Halloween. This is for a simple reason: quite often, as it is the case this year, my birthday happens shortly after Easter. It can be a few weeks, it can be a few days, but it is very close to Easter. So once Easter is over, I have the excitement to prepare my birthday and wait for it. I guess as I get older, I might feel the dread of adding one more year to my age, but not yet. When I was younger, especially when I was in college and an undergraduate at uni, it was also because the holidays were coming soon after Easter. In any case, even though I always enjoyed Easter, I rarely feel sad when it is over, because there is a lot to look forward to.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And besides, there's May Day to look forward to now as well! Get your Maypole ready!