Sunday 26 April 2020

Theseus against the Minotaur

As you may know, I am a big fan of Greek mythology. I love everything about it. One of the books we received when we were young (I cannot remember if it was a gift to one of my bros or to everyone) was Gods, Men and Monsters from the Greek Myths. It was beautifully illustrated by Giovanni Caselli. My father recently scanned a few images and sent them to me. I decided to share this one with you today, showing the fight between Theseus and the Minotaur. This is one of the scariest, most menacing rendition of the Minotaur I have ever seen. This time of year I often revisit Greek mythology and this picture and others make me want to get my hands on some books on the subject.

2 comments:

S said...

This was one of my favourite books as a child. My brother and I were talking about this today and came upon your blogpost :)

Guillaume said...

Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have shared more pictures from this book, as well as pictures from the books of the same publisher on Norse and Chinese mythologies. Caselli also draw the one about Norse myths.