Thursday 30 April 2020

Beware Walpurgis Night

As we are the last day of April, tonight is Walpurgis Night, something I celebrate on Vraie Fiction since I started this blog. It is a sort of Halloween for Springtime, one of the big dates in the year for witches' Sabbaths, ghosts and devils.Halloween is and will always be my favourite celebration of everything spooky, but Walpurgis Night is an important date nevertheless, when I can sort of start an officious countdown to it. After all, Halloween is only six months away now. As for every year, I share a picture of a witch here, the Village Hall Witch which has ben fascinating me for so long. I suspect they'll gather there tonight. It's not like they have ever been scared of pandemics in the past. This photo was taken by my wife in October 2019. It is only a part of a much larger one, which looks far more autumnal and which I will share another time, during my official countdown. Until then, keep your doors locked tonight and beware Walpurgis Night.

3 comments:

Sue Bursztynski said...

I’d swear I’ve seen that witch before!

Happy Walpurgis night and Beltane Eve!

Lady M said...

Happy Walpurgis night to you!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Walpurgis Night is feared only by Christians. For pagans everywhere, it's a joyful holiday! Tomorrow I will have my May Day/Beltane post which celebrates the same thing.