Wednesday 8 April 2020

The next train

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum in York, which is currently closed due to the pandemic. It is very sad, but it could not be avoided. I wanted to show it to Wolfie, it will probably not happen this year. We will not go there any time soon, neither will we take the train any time soon. In fact, we were meant to travel by train to see some friends the first weekend of the lockdown. It is now postponed indefinitely. It is one of the many things that I miss from our life before COVID-19. I wonder when we will have our next "proper" train journey. Whenever that is, I made a promise to enjoy it fully. Until then, there are the (many) railway sets Wolfie plays with every day in the living room and elsewhere at home. That should keep us occupied (and entertained).

No comments: