Friday 10 April 2020

Alex the Antichrist

As this is Good Friday, I thought I would give you film suggestion for the day: A Clockwork Orange, my favourite. I'm not kidding. It is fitting for Easter, if only for this scene (warning: there is not only violence but also nudity in it). Is A Clockwork Orange a Christian film you may ask? Well, the YouTube video below makes a pretty good argument for it. I found I don't agree with everything the YouTuber says (and he falls for too many myths about both Anthony Burgess and the genesis of A Clockwork Orange, mostly invented by Burgess himself), but I do agree that Alex is an Antichrist figure. Quite literally, in fact. You can read my own opinion on the subject in 2016. Anyway, so there you have it: it does not take much to add A Clockwork Orange to your list of Easter movies.

No comments: