Sunday 12 April 2020

Going Greek for Easter

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you enjoyed yourself and had lots of chocolate and especially, that you enjoyed the day. We had a lovely Easter, in spite or maybe because of the lockdown. I had made a point of really making it pleasant and different this year. And we introduced a small change in our celebration of the holiday which might become a new gastronomic tradition for Easter.

Usually, I make an omelette for Easter, but my wife never liked omelettes much, whatever the recipe. So we thought about finding another vegetarian meal that we know we would both enjoy. I got the idea to bake a spanakopita instead. It's mediterranean, so very fitting for an Easter lunch if the weather is nice (it was nice). I also associate Easter a lot with Greek culture, so it made sense to have a Greek meal. More importantly, my wife loves spanakopita, so she would never complain about eating some, at any time. And it is so simple to make, we don't even have to follow a recipe. So here is the spanakopita we had, with tomatoes and olives to accompany it. We'll almost surely make it next year.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a good idea! It looks absolutely scrumptious! I made a spanakopita a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it very much too.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's funny...i was thinking of adding one of these to my easter dinner but i had no spinach!

Lady M said...

looks delicious!