Monday 13 April 2020

Amarula

The things you find sometimes when you tidy up. My father-in-law, who is South African, offered us a couple of years ago, after a trip back to his homeland with his English wife, a rather imposing bottle of Amarula. It is a liqueur from his country and I don't know anything about it apart from that. I also rarely drink liqueur, but I find it truly shameful nevertheless that we haven't tried this one yet. I think is because we found out my wife was pregnant shortly after we received it, and I did not want to drink it alone. It would not have been fair or advisable. Be that as it may, I really want to try it now.Not that I am particularly fond if liqueurs, but I love this bottle and its label, with the charging elephant. And I know one should not judge a drink by the label on its bottle, like one should not judge a book by its cover, nevertheless... It's one cool really label.

No comments: