Wednesday 11 March 2015

Power walking?

The partner of a friend of my wife (the one whose daughter finds werewolves cute and think I have the eyes of her cat) told me once that he saw me walking to the train station on my commute to work and that I was not merely walking, but more like power walking. Well, I don't know, I do walk fast, especially when I want to get done with something. Or simply when I don't want to miss the train. I used to arrive just on time to catch the train, just before it left the station. Now I have minutes to spare. It is less stressful. Maybe I leave earlier, maybe I walk faster. Power walking is supposed to be healthy, it may be useful to burn some calories, I mean more than merely walking. But I find the look kind of ridiculous, or certainly unaesthetic. So I don't want to look like I'm power walking.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am a very fast walker and always have been. people always have trouble catching up with me.

Nellie said...

I have a rather quick pace when I walk. I'd rather be power walking to catch the train than having to run to be sure I wasn't going to miss it.:-)

Cynthia said...

Je me souviens au secondaire quand on faisait de la marche rapide, je trouvais ça tellement ridicule! Je te comprends de ne pas vouloir avoir l'air de faire ça :)