Thursday 12 March 2015

Dreaming of St Paddy's in Liverpool

I will be on holidays next week, so will be free on St Patrick's Day. And, although I don't think I will do it for a number of reasons, I am tempted to go u north and celebrate it in Liverpool. I lived a year in Liverpool, I celebrated St Paddy's there once and it was by far the best, most atmospheric, most frantic one I ever been a part of. Here we have one Irish pub. There they come a dime a dozen. In fact, Liverpool is in many ways an Irish city that happens to be in England. especially on St Patrick's Day. There will be Guinness here too of course, and even authentic Irish to pour it, but nothing had ever topped, in my experience, the atmosphere in Liverpool on St-Patrick's Day.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, what the hell, TREAT YOURSELF and go to Liverpool for St Pat's!

Nellie said...

Liverpool sounds like that's the place to be on St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy!