Tuesday 24 March 2015

Krav Maga

I was walking on the town's main street this weekend when I saw a banner advertising Krav Maga classes. Krav Maga is a Israeli martial art, which has been featured in many action movies in recent years. I have seen it also in a few crime novels. I have developed an interest about it, because it is unlike other martial arts: it is devoid of rituals, its aim is strictly utilitarian, thus it is not a sport and while it is meant to be used in the hardest real-life circumstances, the training itself is "soft". I am not into sport and I do very little physical activities. Not enough, in fact. I don't walk as much as I should, I don't do ice skating anymore because there are no arena nearby and I haven't been in a swimming pool since a very long time. I am dangerously close to a couch potato, far too close to my liking. Therefore, I am tempted to give Krav Maga a try. I am not much of a fighter, in fact I am probably a terrible wuss, but I did a little bit of karate back in cégep and I thought it was an enjoyable experience. It will also give me something to do in the evenings. Sure, it is not a natural territory as acting was, but it would still be better than nothing. Now that I can take classes a few minutes walk away from home, I have no excuse.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Go for it!

Cynthia said...

Mon voisin est prof de krav maga et il a l'air en super forme!

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.