Saturday 19 January 2019

Gnomes

I don't know why, but the recent post I wrote about gnomes made me think of an old animated TV series I used to watch as a child, called David the Gnome. I used to love it, although I only have a vague memory about it. As a medieval fantasy fanatic and being already into medieval role-playing games, the series was right in my alley, even though it was a bit naive and light on violence. The cartoon was based on a series of books by Wil Huygen and artist Rien Poortvliet. One of my brothers got this book of the series (pictured right) for Christmas (or maybe for his birthday, I am not certain). I only read a few pages of it, but was happily surprised as it was far more complex, far richer and much darker than the children cartoon. I hope I can get my hands on one of the book again and give it a proper read at last.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, I read that book years ago! The second one was about female Gnomes and I read that one too. Both books were delightful.