Thursday 10 January 2019

221B Baker Street

I wonder if 2019 will be for me the year I rebound, so to speak. with Sherlock Holmes. At the end of last year I read one of his adventures and I have been wanting to read more for a while. Furthermore, my wife bought me 221B Baker Street as a Christmas present. I had been curious about this board game for quite a while. I love board games that are based on crime fiction or have a criminal element in them, like Cluedo or Scotland Yard. From what I understand of 221B, it is a more elaborate Cluedo, set in the universe created by Arthur Conan Doyle. Well, his version of London really. I have not read the rules, but I intend to do so soon and then invite some friends for a few games. In the meantime, I will read Sherlock Holmes stories again to get myself in the right mindset.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never played that game, but I bet it's fun! I went on a major obsessive Sherlock Holmes binge 40 years ago (WHERE does the time go?) and read the entire canon and everything about Holmes & Watson that I could get my hands on. I still have a soft spot for them.

Sherry Ellis said...

Sounds like an interesting game. I like the game, Clue. It's one of my family's favorites. Maybe I'll check this one out.