Monday 21 January 2019

Creative pasta

An Italian wise man (at least wise when it comes to food) once told me that there is no such thing as plain pasta. He was right of course and I add that the main virtue of pasta is that it can be delicious as well as filling. The one who cooks pasta does not know hunger anymore. All this to say that I made this weekend a pasta recipe of my own invention, which I blogged about before: tortoglioni, fresh cherry tomatoes (halved), olives (halved), artichokes (cut) and cubes of feta cheese. I love it, although it is more fitting as a summer meal. And unfortunately, I am the only one in the household to love this dish: my wife finds it too oily, too full of olives and artichokes, my son likes only the pasta and the olives, but not the rest. If you want to try it, tell me what you think of it. And give me suggestions for a name, if you have any.

No comments: