Saturday 12 January 2019

"Dry January"

Many of you probably know the concept of Dry January, a campaign that exists here in the UK and elsewhere, sometimes under different names, encouraging people to avoid alcohol for the whole month of January. I am not very fond of these kinds of campaigns, I don't like being preached to and see no point of being a teetotaler if you are not an alcoholic and enjoy alcohol in moderation. In other words, drink responsibly, or else quit drinking altogether. So I was quite amused when I saw very amused when I saw this picture on social media. A friend of mine shared it. I don't know where this pub is, but they got it right, and it's the kind of Dry January I can enjoy.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahaha! Yes, there was an item on the news earlier this month saying how this British custom is catching on now in Canada. I used to work with a guy who did not drinking alcohol every February, just to prove to himself that he was not an alcoholic. Of course, he picked the shortest month of the year to go dry . . . .