Sunday 27 January 2019

Celebrating Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Today is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. My favourite composer, mainly but not exclusively because of his operas, which were a huge revelation to me when I was a child. Every year, I try to celebrate him for his birthday, in my life and on this blog. I don't have time to go through a whole opera today, but I have been listening to plenty of his music. Since he was a prolific composer, there is a lot to listen to. And I will share today the overture of Le Nozze di Figaro. I think it's a first on this blog. But if I were you, I wouldn't stop at that one. Anyway, happy birthday Maestro Amadeus!

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This Wolfie is my second favourite Wolfie!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love opera and especially mozart.