Monday 23 February 2015

Hanging on (like a junky)

That is how I have been feeling for two weeks: hanging on by a thread. Because I have a darn cold and when I have a cold I am in a pitiful state: I cough like crazy, I sneeze, I have difficulties to sleep and I am cranky. My colds are always too long and nasty. And I use lots of rubbish medication, because I cannot find proper remedies to alleviate the effects of the cold. I thus feel like Wynyard, the junky frog (although he looks like a lizard) from Meet the Feebles. I have seen the movie only once, ten years ago or so, but the drug rant of Wynyard got stuck on my mind since then, especially the last shout about Vicks VapoRub (which is maybe my favorite placebo). And I always think about it when my cold gets worse. It is also very funny. So here it is.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i swear by alka seltzer cold. it doesn't give me that druggy feeling. have you tried rubbing your feet with vicks and putting socks on before you go to bed?