Wednesday 25 February 2015

A double anniversary

On this 25th of February, I have not only one but two birthdays to celebrate. The first, of a lesser importance, is the seventh anniversary of Vraie Fiction. I started this blog when I was unemployed and bored, to alleviate boredom, it became one of my main hobbies. The second, which is far more important (and maybe kind of relate to the first) is the birthday of Anthony Burgess, my favorite writer. He would have been 98. I would say that these two anniversaries were designed by Fate, but as I do not believe in Fate I am forced to say that they are completely coincidental. To commemorate, I will watch and read some interviews of him, and I will flicker through his novels. And of course, I am blogging this. The picture on the left shows Burgess as I first saw him on the back cover of A Clockwork Orange: middle aged but not elderly yet, messy hair, smoking either a cigaret or a cigar, kind of geeky looking and with these deep, analytical eyes.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

congrats on your anniversary!!!