Thursday 5 February 2015

"A bloody big ship"


I took this picture in a pub in Totnes, Devon. A painting that was right above one of the fireplaces. I cannot remember which one right now, but it will get back to me eventually. It is one of the things I remember most about this pub. It struck me then: "That's a bloody big ship". I was of course thinking about a scene from Skyfall, the first meeting of James Bond and Q (played by Ben Whishaw). Okay, the paintings are not exactly similar, but the subject is the same on both. And I think of this scene every time I see the picture, or I think of this painting I saw in a pub in Totnes every time I watch the scene in Skyfall. In any case, it is a great scene, so here it is. Tell me what you think about it.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

bloody big ship....cool!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I LOVE that scene in "Skyfall" -- it's my fave. Q is such a smartass young whippersnapper.