Monday 9 February 2015

Just another Monday

"Only fifteen minutes since I have been here and I already lost my will to live!" This is what one of my colleagues told me last Monday morning. It was a hectic one. This Monday was no different. I did not have such desperate state of mind, but the line is good enough to be a great unknown line and describes Mondays pretty well. Many Mondays anyway. When it comes to evoke the atmosphere and general state of mind one has on Monday, I always thought that the song Manic Monday by The Bangles was its epitome. I am not a big fan of 80s pop music (or 80s music in general), of 80s pop groups or the 80s as a decade, but I do have a soft spot for this song. And there is at least one other song of The Bangles I like, because it was the first dance song for my wife and I at the wedding reception. Anyway, I often listen to Manic Monday at the end of the first day of the week to exorcize it. So here it is.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's the best great unknown line you've ever posted, LOL!