Tuesday 24 February 2015

Rooting for the evil stepmother

I am not a fan of Disney movies, not for a long time anyway. I don't like the way they softened classic fairy tales and turned them into candy flavored movies. Cinderella is not my favorite fairy tale. Not dark and sinister enough. All the same, I am very eager to see the new movie version of the tale, directed by Kenneth Branagh. Because the evil stepmother is played by Cate Blanchett, my favorite actress. And she is amazing even in the most derivative film. I already watched the trailers and of course she shines through every bit she is in. A story is only as good as its villain, it is said. I already love this one. So I will go and see Cinderella and I know I will be rooting for the evil stepmother.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i had no idea they were making this! i can't wait to see it.